Here are the 6 most important highlights of the SUV
1. ‘Power of choice’ approach: This new approach by the German automaker enables the customers to choose the perfect fit according to their needs. The iX3 will be offered with conventional petrol and diesel engines, a plug-in hybrid powertrain, and an all-electric drivetrain too.
2. 5th-gen BMW eDrive tech: The iX3 boasts major progress in terms of power density, range, weight, and flexibility. The power density has increased by almost 30% compared to its predecessors. The new eDrive electric motor manages to produce 289 PS of power and 400 Nm of torque. The SUV can clock 0-100 kmph in 6.8 seconds and offers a top speed of 180 kmph.
3. Uncompromised range: The energy density of the high-voltage battery is up by 20% with the new eDrive tech and that results in an operating range of up to 460 km (WLTP rating) whereas the NEDC rating of the SUV is 520 km.
4. BMW IconicSounds Electric: The BMW iX3 features the newly developed soundscape that adds to the emotional depth of the driving experience. The theme of the sounds- Impressive- has been developed in collaboration with Hans Zimmer and plays whenever the SUV is starting or the electric drive system is deactivated.
5. Ultra-fast charging: The optimized energy-storing concept now enables vehicle charging capacity of up to 150 kW at DC fast-charging stations. The SUV can charge from 0-80% within 34 minutes. A minimum 10-minute DC charging adds 100 km of range to the car.
6. BMW Live Cockpit Professional: The e-SUV is loaded with this progressive feature that takes the in-cabin experience to a whole new level. The iX3 is loaded with a cloud-based navigation system, BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant, remote software upgrades and digital services from BMW Connected Charging.