Making chocolates at home is easier than you can imagine. So let us get started.
Homemade Chocolate Truffle
Raw Chocolate – 500 gms
Fresh Cream – 100 gms
Mix Dry Fruits – Nuts, Raisins, Cashew – 100 gms
Butter – 2 tbsp (extra for greasing)
Crushed Marie biscuits – 6-8 Nos
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Double Boiler (In case, you do not have a double boiler you can also use 2 bowls but the surface of both should not touch.)
- First, chop all the dry fruits and roast over medium flame. Once done, keep aside.
- Crush the raw chocolate in a large bowl and keep it aside too.
- Put the water in the lower bowl of the boiler and let it boil, after switching off the gas put half of the crushed chocolate in the upper bowl. Let it melt by stirring it continuously.
- After melting chocolate, add fresh cream in it. Stir well using a wooden spatula with a very light hand.
- Now, mix the roasted dry fruits and crushed Marie biscuits with sugar in the chocolate & cream mixture. Let it cool.
- On a clean and dry hand, apply a little butter and make small balls of the mixture and put them on a tray. (Note: Grease the tray with a little butter before using.)
- Keep it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Now, melt the rest of the chocolate in a fresh bowl in the double boiler.
- Slowly, put the chocolate balls in the melted chocolate and put it on another tray and refrigerate again for half an hour. (Note: You can also, garnish it using grated coconut or any dry fruits of your choice.)
- Wrap it with a cling wrap or normal home foil at home and serve. (Wrapping it individually will prevent it from moisture and help to preserve it fresh.)
(Recipe by Shreya Khatri)