UP Board: 80% parents don’t want their kids back in school | Allahabad News

0
14


Prayagraj: Parents of around 80% students enrolled in 1,079 UP Board secondary schools in Prayagraj district are not ready to send their kids back to school to get guidance from teachers amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
The fact came to light after UP Board secretary Divyakant Shukla directed district inspectors of schools (DIOS) to seek a written agreement from parents about their willingness to send their children back to schools amid the pandemic. As schools remain shut due to Covid-19 and schools conducting classes online, the move was to enable students to interact with their teachers about any problems they might be facing.
“We contacted parents of 3,42,657 students from classes IX-XII whose homes were not located in containment zones. Among those contacted, parents of just 71,958 (21%) students agreed to let their children go back to schools and meet their teachers. The remaining 79% parents were still unsure about their children’s safety given the threat of Covid-19,” said DIOS (Prayagraj) RN Vishwakarma.
The initiative was taken after the UP Board secretary sought a report from DIOS on September 20 about parents who were ready to voluntarily send their children to schools for just a few hours so that the teachers could guide the students. Around 1.25 crore students are enrolled in class IX-XII in more than 28,000 UP Board schools in the state.
“In Prayagraj, 3,53,961 students are enrolled in 1,079 schools. Of these, 1,023 schools are located outside containment zones and have enrolled 3,42,657 students in classes VI-XII. The number of UP Board schools outside containment zones in Prayagraj is 56,” Vishwavarma added.
The officer said that through an awareness drives, parents of 2,65,153 students have been made aware of the various academic content being made available for their children by the government through various online mediums.
Principal of KV (IIIT-A. Jhalwa ) Vijeyesh Pandey said that the schools had also asked its students’ parents if they were willing to send their kids back to school. “We had send out online forms for collect feedback. Over 95% of the parents were not ready to send their children back to school even if it was to get their doubts cleared or getting guidance,” said Pandey.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Enable Google Transliteration.(To type in English, press Ctrl+g)